Book Review - Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar



 picture cc: goodreads


BOOK ID 
Original Title : Mists of the Serengeti 
Author : Leylah Attar
Genre : Fiction, Romance.
Published : January 31st 2017 by Pitch73 Publishing
ISBN13 : 9781988054018

My Rating : 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Goodreads said;

Once in Africa, I kissed a king...

"And just like that, in an old red barn at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, I discovered the elusive magic I had only ever glimpsed between the pages of great love stories. It fluttered around me like a newborn butterfly and settled in a corner of my heart. I held my breath, afraid to exhale for fear it would slip out, never to be found again.”

When a bomb explodes in a mall in East Africa, its aftershocks send two strangers on a collision course that neither one sees coming.

Jack Warden, a divorced coffee farmer in Tanzania, loses his only daughter. An ocean away, in the English countryside, Rodel Emerson loses her only sibling.

Two ordinary people, bound by a tragic afternoon, set out to achieve the extraordinary, as they make three stops to rescue three children across the vast plains of the Serengeti—children who are worth more dead than alive.

But even if they beat the odds, another challenge looms at the end of the line. Can they survive yet another loss—this time of a love that’s bound to slip through their fingers, like the mists that dissipate in the light of the sun?


“Sometimes you come across a rainbow story—one that spans your heart. You might not be able to grasp it or hold on to it, but you can never be sorry for the color and magic it brought.”

A blend of romance and women’s fiction, Mists of The Serengeti is inspired by true events and contains emotional triggers, including the death of a child. Not recommended for sensitive readers. Standalone, contemporary fiction

CC: Goodreads.com

And Me??  Me love the book!
Uuuuyeeaaa!!!
I’ve just been on a grand adventure. Yep, I am quoting Ro. Because this book really is a grand adventure! One of the epic journey you will remember for a ve~~~~~~~ry long time.
First things first... I don't know how in the world can I think that this book would be something like Divergent, or The Hunger Games, or Obsidian, or Rebel of the Sands, or.. maybe even the Assasin's Heart.. you know, something like dystopian, or fantasy, or science fiction, or might even be a paranormal. I don't know, I just assume that. Maybe from the cover. (But, hey.. the cover isn't promise any dystopian vibe either). And just so it clear, I'm the type who avoiding blurb or synopsis on the back cover of any books because, in my small head, it just like giving myself a spoiler.. so, yup.. I'm pretty surprise to find how flowery romantic this book is.
This book? Flowery romantic?? What a silly I am!!
This book start with a tragedy. The main journey is about how to heal a broken heart. Not just broken. But a heart that buried deep in grieve and pain and guilt.. See, how can that be flowery? moreover, this book also give the most sad and cruel epilogue. At least for me. For me, the epilogue is just so sad it has been cruel to my fragile heart (duh, me).
See, how can I said this book is flowery romantic? But it is. Read the book, in the journey, was like witnessed a farm of flowers bloomed from a shattered ground. This book gave a vivid pictures of some tragic, grief, great adventure, wonderful love, ugly reality, yet, together they make an epic the big picture. It is a romance with a fine dose of adrenaline rush from some action, pain from the sorrow, and sweet from the butterflies in your belly.
Am I love the book? How can I not?? All the FIVE STARS and more....

Comments

Popular Posts